Monday, November 15, 2010

Comfort

I have often grieved the injustices in the world. I wonder why there are women being abused, raped and mistreated across the globe. I have questioned, "why children are allowed to suffer and to go hungry?" I have at times been overcome with grief and asked God why these things are allowed to happen. How can God be real, and loving, and all powerful, and all present when there is so much suffering going on here on earth?
I don't have a definite answer to that question.
What I do know is that Jesus was born into the same kind of world. He came to offer life, and options, and healing to the suffering, wounded, broken and hurting people I grieve for. It does give me comfort to know that the same Jesus who touched my heart, and life is touching the hearts and lives of others in need across the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment